Yakult is a probiotic drink that is made from a strain of lactic acid bacteria called Lactobacillus casei Shirota. It was invented by Dr. Minoru Shirota in Japan in 1930, and it has been sold in over 30 countries around the world.
Yakult is a good source of probiotics, which are live bacteria that are similar to the good bacteria that naturally live in your gut. Probiotics can help to improve digestion, boost the immune system, and reduce the risk of certain infections.
In addition to probiotics, Yakult also contains a small amount of sugar and vitamins. It is a low-calorie drink, and it is suitable for people of all ages.
The health benefits of Yakult have been studied extensively, and there is evidence that it can help with a variety of conditions, including:
- Digestion: Yakult can help to improve digestion by increasing the number of good bacteria in the gut. This can help to reduce bloating, gas, and constipation.
- Immunity: Yakult can help to boost the immune system by providing the body with beneficial bacteria. This can help to reduce the risk of getting sick.
- Respiratory tract infections: Yakult has been shown to help reduce the risk of getting respiratory tract infections, such as colds and the flu.
- Skin health: Yakult may help to improve skin health by reducing inflammation and promoting the growth of healthy skin cells.
Yakult is a safe and healthy drink for most people. However, it is important to note that it is a probiotic, and some people may experience side effects, such as bloating or gas. If you experience any side effects after drinking Yakult, you should stop drinking it and talk to your doctor.
Overall, Yakult is a good source of probiotics and other nutrients. It is a safe and healthy drink for most people, and it may have a number of health benefits.
Here are some additional tips for drinking Yakult:
- It is best to drink Yakult cold.
- You can drink Yakult on its own, or you can add it to other drinks, such as smoothies or yogurt.
- Yakult can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.