Kizhakkambalam is a village located in the Ernakulam district of the state of Kerala, India. It is situated in the southern part of the state and is part of the Kochi metropolitan area. Kizhakkambalam is known for its progressive and unique socio-economic model, which gained attention as the “Kizhakkambalam Model.”
The Kizhakkambalam Model is a community-driven development model that focuses on the principles of self-sufficiency and sustainable development. The village has been at the forefront of various initiatives aimed at promoting local entrepreneurship, infrastructure development, waste management, and other social welfare activities.
Some of the notable features of the Kizhakkambalam Model include:
- Self-Sufficiency: The model aims to reduce dependency on external sources by encouraging and supporting local businesses and industries.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Corporates and businesses in the region actively contribute to the development of the village through CSR initiatives, helping to fund various projects and activities.
- Waste Management: Kizhakkambalam is known for its efficient waste management practices, including recycling and waste-to-energy initiatives.
- Healthcare and Education: The model places importance on providing quality healthcare and education facilities to the residents.
- Employment Opportunities: The focus on promoting local entrepreneurship and industries has led to the creation of employment opportunities within the village itself.
The Kizhakkambalam Model has gained recognition and appreciation for its community-driven approach to development. It has inspired other regions and communities to adopt similar strategies for sustainable and inclusive growth.
As with any evolving model or development approach, it’s essential to verify the latest updates and progress of the Kizhakkambalam Model from more recent and reliable sources for the most accurate and up-to-date information.