Kerala will host an annual cultural festival called ‘Keraleeyam’ starting from November 2023. The festival will run for a week from November 1-7, 2023, in the state capital, coinciding with ‘Kerala Piravi’ day, which marks the formation of the state.
The festival will showcase the rich culture and heritage of Kerala, and will feature a variety of events, including:
- Traditional art forms, such as Kathakali, Mohiniyattam, and Theyyam
- Dance performances
- Music concerts
- Literary events
- Food festivals
- Street performances
The festival is expected to attract visitors from all over the world, and will be a major boost to Kerala’s tourism industry.
Here are some of the details of the festival:
- The festival will be held at various venues in Thiruvananthapuram, including the Kanakakunnu Palace, the Kerala Kalamandalam, and the Tagore Theatre.
- The festival will be free to attend.
- There will be over 350 events held during the festival, including 20 seminars.
- The festival is expected to attract over 1 million visitors.
The Keraleeyam festival is a great opportunity to experience the unique culture and heritage of Kerala. If you are planning to visit Kerala in November 2023, be sure to check out the festival.