To travel from Ernakulam to Munnar, you have several transportation options, including by road and by train followed by road. Here’s a step-by-step guide for each method:
By Road (Bus or Private Vehicle):
- Ernakulam does not have its own airport, so if you are arriving by air, you would first need to reach Ernakulam either by flight (to Cochin International Airport) or any other means of transportation.
- From Ernakulam, you can take a bus, hire a taxi, or use your private vehicle to travel to Munnar.
- There are regular buses operated by the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) that run between Ernakulam and Munnar.
- The journey usually takes around 4 to 5 hours, depending on the traffic and road conditions. The distance is approximately 130 km.
By Train and then Road:
- If you prefer a combination of train and road travel, you can take a train from Ernakulam to Aluva, which is the nearest railway station to Ernakulam and is well-connected to various cities.
- From Aluva, you can then take a taxi, or bus, or hire a private vehicle to continue your journey to Munnar. The road distance between Aluva and Munnar is about 110 km, and it takes approximately 3 to 4 hours to reach Munnar from Aluva.
By Flight (alternative option):
- If you are coming from a distant location and want to reach Munnar faster, you can take a flight to Cochin International Airport in Kochi (Ernakulam) and then follow the road travel options mentioned above.
Note: Munnar is a beautiful hill station in Kerala, India, known for its lush green tea plantations, scenic landscapes, and pleasant weather. It’s a popular tourist destination, and the best time to visit is during the winter months (October to February) when the weather is cool and pleasant. However, the road to Munnar can get narrow and winding in some places, so if you are prone to motion sickness, it’s advisable to take necessary precautions before the journey.