To get a drone flying license in India, you need to follow these steps:
- Meet the eligibility criteria. You must be at least 18 years old and have passed your 10th class in English. You also need to have a valid medical certificate from a doctor approved by the DGCA.
- Choose a DGCA-approved drone training institute. There are many drone training institutes in India that are approved by the DGCA. Do some research to find one that is reputable and offers the training you need.
- Complete the drone training course. The training course will cover topics such as drone regulations, flying safety, and emergency procedures. You will also need to pass a written and practical exam.
- Apply for a Remote Pilot Certificate (RPC). You can apply for an RPC online through the DGCA’s Digital Sky Platform. The application fee is INR 100.
- Get your RPC. Once your application is approved, you will be issued an RPC. This is the official document that allows you to fly a drone in India.
The total cost of getting a drone flying license in India varies depending on the training institute you choose. However, it typically costs between INR 30,000 and INR 1,00,000.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when getting a drone flying license in India:
- You must also register your drone with the DGCA. The registration fee is INR 500.
- You must obey all drone regulations when flying your drone. These regulations can be found on the DGCA website.
- You must obtain permission from the local authorities before flying your drone in certain areas.